To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
1. The Vale of Belvoir Machinery Group (VOBMG) takes the privacy of members and associated contacts seriously and will only use their personal information for the original purpose given.
2. The personal details of members will be collected annually by means of a membership renewal form. The Membership Secretary and Club Secretary will hold the information on secure devices. Any manual databases will be held in a locked area. Those individuals who do not renew their membership, will have their details erased from the VOBMG Members’ Database 18 months after the end of their membership period.
3. The personal details of contacts will be kept on a Contacts Database by the Club Secretary in a similar secure manner to the VOBMG Members’ Database.
4. The lawful basis for this data processing is “CONTRACT”. In order to fulfil the expectations of an individual joining and paying an annual membership fee to VOBMG, members’ personal information needs to be collected annually.
5. The processing of this data is necessary to send VOBMG MEMBERS information regarding meetings, events, social nights, newsletters, AGM and other relevant notices. Similarly the personal data of contacts is necessary to efficiently arrange talks, trips and exhibitions for members.
6. With regard to the personal data held by the VOBMG, all members and contacts will have the following rights: the right to be informed regarding its use; the right to erasure; the right to data
portability; the right to rectify and the right to restrict its processing.
7. Any person wishing to implement any of these rights should contact the Club Secretary in writing with their request.
8. The VOBMG will ensure that the data collected is not shared with any other organisation or person.